View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Left and Right sides of body feel different

Has anyone ever heard of this or have any ideas on what it might be. I don't even know how to google this to look for information. I will mention it to the neurologist but my follow up appointemnt isn't until October. In the meantime, I would really appreciate an ideas that anyone may have. Thanx.

BACKGROUND:
I found this forum because I thought I had sciatica. It now seems that nerves are trapped at one of my SI joints- though that is just the latest idea.

Anyway, I initially started doing yoga and pilates to help my back and I have found so many differences between the right and left sides of my body.

AND, it is not just from the hips down- it is also my arms and shoulders.

I know this now because I have been doing my exercises laying flat on my hardwood floor. The left side feels limp compared to the right- and it doesn't just feel limp, it IS relatively limp- both my hip and shoulder lie closer to the floor , and the flesh on my left leg spreads out more.

Also, I just now decided to do a "snow angle" on the hardwood floor and the sensation in my left arm is not as good at my right. This is similar to my legs- if I rub both legs at the same times, the left does not feel as much as the right though it isn't totally numb.

I had EMG studies done on my left - she only tested L2 and L4 and L2 was "irriated" and L4 was "denervated". But wow, I am so shocked to see that there is a difference between my right and left arms and shoulders and that scares me.

Maybe it is something even more serious than radiculopathy? (as if that isn't bad enough)

I posted in this forum because I have no idea even what forum to post it in. If anyone has a forum to suggest, I would appreciate that too.

thank you very much

thanx
trappednerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote