View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 01:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i also had a neurologist dare to tell me it was all in my mind etc and so forth. but i had some ammunition that i'm sure made him look stupid among his peers.

in 2001 i had a hysterectomy. everything was fine until the 3rd week after the op. that was when the abdominal pain started. i was in and out of hospital every 2nd or 3rd day with the gynae giving me morphine shots every 4 hours. after doing all sorts of scans and x-rays and tests the doctor said to me he couldn't find anything wrong and that he believes it's all in my head. now this was after having 3 c-sections and not having a moments problem after any one of them. in fact i got up and walked after 8 hours, the same after the hysterectomy. eventually after being admitted the umpteenth time i told him he was to investigate. he agreed to this and was probably thinking it was all still in my head.

6 weeks, to the day, i was wheeled into theater for him to do a lapscope. only when he took the first look he got a shock of his life. everything was messed up inside that he had to urgently call for a surgeon to come fix me up. this took 5 hours on the operating table. he apologised to me afterwards. i was in ICU for 3 days after the op.

when i mentioned this to that twit of a neurologist i said, that time the doctor was able to do an exploratory op and find out what was wrong. this time where the hell are you going to operate on me to figure out that this is not in my head.

i never went back to that neurologist. and did i spread my hysterectomy story around the medical doctors. i bet he's still red in the face.
Duchess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote