Thread: St Jude SCS
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Abbie...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with full-body RSD.
Whether or not to go with SCS is certainly a tough call to make. If your Dr thinks there might be a chance at improving your quality of life via this unit, and if you have confidence in him, I agree with Mark - go for the trial, even if for just a couple of days.

Please let us know which way you go with this, ok.
There have been several with RSD comment on these units and I've seen testimonies go both ways.
It's such an individualized form of pain management, so there's really no way to know for sure. I think I'd lean toward giving it a good test run, especially if Dr thinks this could benefit you. Perhaps the stimulation it offers will come as a welcome soothing relief....and reduce the level of your pain to half of what you currently suffer.
My unit covers the same areas you describe and I've been able to lower the amount pain pills. I'd say approx 75% relief. I still wear Fentanyl patches (50mcg) for a steady flow of pain relief, but it sure beats having to wear 100 mcg patches and take all the hardcore pills all the time. It was putting my liver and kidneys thru the ringer!

You are in my prayers,

Rae
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-05-2011), anon21816 (09-05-2011), Mark56 (09-04-2011)