View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Check in with these folks

I won't even begin to guess what is going on but just want to say sorry you should have to experience any of this. Did you have any sort of PET or SPECT scan before the surgery? It's not definitive for PD but the closest we have to any real measure of the dopamine levels in our brain.

What were your less bothersome symptoms besides tremor? I presented with a tremor that was atypical of PD and was under a neurologist's care for five years before doctors noted slowness and rigidity as my lesser symptoms. If I am not mistaken there are four cardinal signs and we are supposed to show two before a diagnosis of PD. Don't mean to alarm you - I think we all tend to ignore our lesser symptoms.

This disease has a mind of its own. Like you, I had a prominent tremor and some slowness...basically looked 100% normal on meds. After six months of acute stress at work, I woke up and had freezing of gait...out of the blue.

Anyway, there is a very active DBS Group on Yahoo. Over a 1000 members; surely someone will know what is up. Frankly, here you could be waiting days for a response...at Yahoo you'll connect much faster.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DBSsurgery/

Please check back in with us when you learn anything. Our DBS candidates will want to hear an explanation...

Best wishes!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
made it up (09-04-2011)