View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

HEHEHEHEH.... I am less concerned about the "post office" than the REAL police.

I germinate in a warm room with a small table top light (one of the ones shown in my photo with the gold top).

Then when the seeds have just begun to germinate, I move them to my studio table top which is also a South exposure window, because it is cooler in there. Cooler temps after germination are required by most seedlings (this approximates spring cool temps). When seedlings are kept too warm after germination they tend to get weak and leggy and not robust.

But those grow lights can be seen from outside...and I wonder sometimes if people think I am growing Marajuana instead! LOL

So far no one has knocked on my door yet!

(if I have lots of seeds and less room for them, I'll run the lights 24/7. I remove 1/2 of the flats and do 1/2 at night and then rotate the other 1/2 in the day. So the grow lights which have a purplish cast/tint will be visible to the street. But so far no one has commented.)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (09-05-2011), Lara (09-19-2011), Vonn07 (09-06-2011)