View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 03:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is this typical PN?

Hi all, I joined the forums a while back and managed to post hello, but I've not really had time to post since then.
Our Dr had diagnosed my hubby with peripheral neuropathy some months ago and has referred him to the Neurosurgeon.
He has been waiting to see the neurosurgeon for 4 months and things are getting much worse.
He started getting pins and needles in his left foot, which then progressed to both feet. Then the pins and needles were replaced by pain again in the left foot, progressing to the right foot. He describes the pain like walking on pins or razor blades. He can't put his feet on the cold floor as it's to intense, but it's the same if his feet get warm they feel like they are on fire.
A few weeks ago his feet and ankles started swelling, even when he is resting they swell.
He is also getting what he describes at electric shocks in his legs and they have also started in his arms. He said the pain from them is very strong and I have seen him in tears from this pain.
Can anyone tell me if this is all typical of PN symptoms as our Dr told us last week that it may not be PN, it could be a rare condition?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Buttercup x
Buttercup40 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote