View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown New "Candidate" for Stimulator

I'm trying to find someone to contact me directly to talk about your experience with the stimulators. I had TMJ prosthesis surgery 2 years ago and doctors have been confused if I have atypical trigeminal neuralgia or atypical trigeminal neuropathy. Is there a difference in treatment options? I've tried opioids, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Neurontin, Elavil, Methadone, radiofrequency ablations, etc. My pain is in every tooth, all gums, palate, lips, chin. I cannot "chew" anymore due to pain, wind blowing on my face triggers pain, and it's a cold burning sensation 24/7. I'm never without it unless asleep with the help of meds. Life is hardly worth living like this. I feel like such a burden to others. Can someone who has had a successful experience contact me (Burntmarshmallow and others) to tell me which doctors are good, etc? I am considering going to Mayo Clinic for a consultation. Should I go there first? I've been all over Georgia (pain mgmt, neurologist, neurosurgeons and one doc at Emory is doing research on these implanted stimulators in the neurosurgery department). I'm scared to do it. He said they'd puncture wires through my cheeks, run them behind my ears to my front bra strap areas to implant the batteries there. I'm hypersensitive to metals and a little worried this could be a problem. Who are some experienced physicians with this type of surgery? Any other comments? How do I contact Burntmarshmallow or some of the others who have had a trial or implantation? I've never used this site before and it's not as easy to write someone as it is to just post something. I hope someone can write me, then! Looking forward to hearing from you SOON! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
I am adding some pictures of where Cheryl trail leads were.
She had one to the upper V-1 and then
one lead for V-2 and then
the 3ed lead to V-3 (lower) like I have .
They are out now ,the trail was very successful
So together we wait Like Mark for the permanent implant date. waiting waiting
Thank You for sharing and helping others the way you are Cheryl.
PEACE
BMW
ttata is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-06-2011), Mark56 (09-07-2011)