View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just looking for some support here , On August 10th my mom suffered a aneurysm, we were watching TV and she said she was going to bed, about 5 minutes later my daughter heard her say OH GOD and she opened her door and fell on the floor, we called 911 and she was transported to the hospital.. luckily she was met but a very good surgeon who performed a coiling. She spent 2 weeks in ICU a few days in a step down neuro unit and now is in rehab. She knows everyone, able to speak and we are blessed she can use her arms and legs.. She is still not able to walk or find her balance. She is afraid to walk, she does not really participate in OT because she has such a short attention span she forgets what she is supposed to do. She is 69 so she is very weak and can barely stand on the walking support unit. Yesterday was a weird day, she was out of it, it seems like she went 4 steps backwards, she forgot the president, could not remember my brothers last name and it really scared me. I know its only been 3 weeks but its so hard to look at a person who looks healthy and know thats your mother and now she is unable to do most things. She does NOT eat because while in the step down unit she choked on a HUGE pill and now she is afraid she will choke. They put her on a liquid diet yesterday. She does know most everything about her life, my brother and I, her grand children, her social security number, her address etc... her left side much weaker then her right... Just wondering if anyone else was not able to walk for a while or find their balance??? Im just so happy she survived and Ill take her however I can get her .... Just wondering if anyone will share their story!
Jeanm1963 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote