View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pediatrician appointment today

BJ had his first day of preschool today and I snatched him out early to take him to the pediatrician. He was yawning pretty intensely on our way to the school and when we first got there, but it seemed to calm down a bit after a few minutes. He did a good bit of yawning at the pediatrician's office, too. She agreed a cardiology work-up would be wise and ordered an EKG and echo. She was very reassuring that this is most likely a transient tic, but agreed with the need to rule out other possibilities.

He had the EKG done this afternoon and although I have no idea how it went, I always consider a good sign when a radiologist doesn't come rushing into the room. I got in touch with a cardiologist at the hospital where he will be admitted for the video EEG and he said he would be happy to review his history and any tests. He also said he doesn't believe this is likely a cardiac issue, but feels these tests are warranted as he hasn't had any cardiology testing for several years.

The echo is scheduled for tomorrow morning and the video EEG will be next Tuesday.

So that is where we are!

Thanks again, everyone, for your valuable input and suggestions. This has been so helpful.

My best,
Rebecca
rebeccabf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (09-06-2011)