View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Glad to hear that your back pain has resolved. I hope that these blocks help get your RSD pain under control. Hopefully even with the delay, the second block will help you. If you get relief from the blocks then that's really all that matters. But still make sure that you get any concerns addressed by the doctor. Maybe after this series of blocks you can follow up with the doc to discuss the results and benefits/risks of continuing this type of treatment. But if it's successful then that's fantastic and I am really happy for you.

As for my stuff...no luck on getting any of it resolved. Though with extensive physical therapy I am finally on my feet again...a little...and I am working towards getting my life back...again. I didn't get very good care when it all initially happened (stupid doctors giving me the runaround for months on end) but the doctor I'm with now believes that the new pain and spread was related to the LSB. How it happened...who knows? Could be that it caused an infection to get into my blood stream (they performed the first of 2 blocks when I had an active MRSA infection), could be that I ended up with chemical meningitis that went undiagnosed and worked its way out of my system, could just be from the trauma of the needle itself, or could be the result of something I don't even know about (the entire staff there was totally incompetent...even the doctor said so on a number of occassions...so who knows what happened while I was under sedation). But it doesn't really matter anymore HOW it happened I guess as I just need to deal with what things are now.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote