View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 11:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Epilepsy/Seizure Disorder

Hi all my name is Dan and I live in AZ. In 2002, I was in a horrific car accident which required them to actually cut me out of the car. When I was in the hospital, the Dr's did a CAT scan and an EEG to see the damage done. I had bruised the left frontal lobe of my brain. I was, of course having seizures, that were triggered by a number of things. As easy as the sun glinting off of the pool to watching police sirens. The Dr's are unable to tell you what YOUR specific triggers will be but keep a journal of the type of seizures, what triggered them, how long they last, what were the symptoms (i.e. did you feel it coming on) and how you felt after the seizure was over. Most importantly log each seizure date. I did this for over two years, during which my neurologist tried different medications like Dilantin, Topomax, and a few others. In Sept 2006, I was admitted to the EMU unit at St. Josephs hospital which is adjacent to the Barrow Neurological Clinic and spent a week "hooked up and monitored" and although I did not have a seizures caused by inteference to the impulses to the brain, I never the less did have seizures that were captured on the video tape. The doctor started me on Lamictal and it has gotten better. I'm saying that Epilepsy is treated differently than a seizures disorder and PNES (also a disorder) is treated differently than both of the others. If the seizures affect your employment, please jump over to the Social security chat and see what I did and how long the process takes.
Dan M. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote