View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy View Post
I would advise not working, especially if you are trying to win based on mental disabilites. If they see you can go out in the public or hold down a job I think it would look bad. And the way the economy is I think they are going to turn more down if they can. I personally know someone how did something illegal before he won SSDI. He found a job for 15-20 hours a week and the employeer paid him cash. I am not saying do it but there are those out there that do it. I know it is tough. It took me 3 1/2 years to finally win. Almost every bit of my backpay went to paying relatives back and a credit card. Have you tried Vocational Rehab about paying for the appointments. They paid my bills for 2 years after I lost insurance. And I went to a psychologist weekly and a psychairist monthly. you might try looking into it. Good Luck.
i agree,working while trying to get ssdi benefits will not help your situation in trying to win ssdi benefits..in this economy and given the financial problems that are plaguing the social security system you have to fight tooth and nail to win benefits and they will look for any excuse not to give them..by you working is giveing them the excuse not to award benefits...
gilbert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote