View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default am i MVD candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie324 View Post
I had a MVD 8 months ago at the age of 22. It was successful in taking away my major pain , but some is still there. It was completely worth every single minute of recovery to have this little relief i do get. It is scary and overwhelming but hopefully you have a wonderful doctor and get excellent after care!

take care!!!
thanks for the reply sadie, nice to see hear from others my age

my biggest fear in my case is I'm finding many physicians don't bother with MVD for atypical cases. My doc's just seem to have no clue what else to do except operate due to how much pain I'm in. I have only experienced the sudden electric stabbing shocks of typical trigeminal about 20 times throughout the last 3 years, which I am very grateful for. My horrible burning pain however has slowly spread throughout my face and started sticking around for weeks on end, then became a daily pain that slowly got worse throughout the day until by the end of the night I wanted to kill myself. And now for about the last 9 months that pain is unrelenting, constant, and consumes my life. I've also developed a pressure in my sinus cavities, under my eye and deep in my ear that is unbearable...I feel like I have a sinus infection every day, like a massive head cold along with a migraine. The majority of my pain is on my back gums, back of the tongue into the throat region, and deep into my ear...which drives me crazy. My hearing is off, my taste many times is off- side of my tongue feels like sandpaper constantly. Foods are a major cause of flaring up my pain- coffee almost makes me cry. For some very odd reason however I can find minor relief from my pain while eating...my docs don't understand that one...I dont know if its the process of chewing or what but my pain subsides for only moments while I eat...unless i'm eating jalapenos then it explodes with pain..hehe

anyway I'd love to hear opinions from anyone....do I truly sound like a candidate for MVD? many of my findings online say otherwise...with my surgery a month away that kinda freaks me out. I also don't like that my symptoms also fit the description for other facial pain..like anesthesia dolorosa...which I never heard of until this site...obviously I haven't had any surgeries yet that would have given me AD, but the description of pain is spot on besides the extreme facial numbness, I only have minor numbness. I've never had any facial trauma that I recall... could AD occur from a simple cavity being filled at the dentist?

sorry for goin on a little rant..this site is great...first few times I've communicated with others with facial pain...any feedback is welcome
ipreferdosequis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote