View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Plate and screws intact :)

I am happy to report after coming home from the OSS the hardware is all in place. He took a ton of x rays of my neck and back. The plate and screws are in tact and in place not issues with them. He said that I have a really significant whiplash. Major muscle spasms and some pain issues to deal with. I haven't taken much for the pain as I wanted to "really" feel what was going on. He said that I should wear the soft collar and that should help along with Soma 250 mg for muscle spams and EC naprosyn 500 mg for the pain. They said to find a pharmacy that accepts no fault. My regular pharmacy doesn't so I need to make a few calls. Not really sure how no fault works. Guess I need to. OSS is taking care of all the paperwork for his visits since I have to go through my PIP on my car insurance here in NY. Doesn't seem fair to me. I go back in 2 weeks unless I feel worse then I can go back when ever I want to. They are wonderful. I asked about any herniation or bulging. He said that wouldn't show in an xray and he would wait for an MRI which would show that. I guess I do need to find out about a lawyer. On the accident report the guy who hit me did take responsibility so that part is done. I don't think there is any money. The guy who hit me was unlicensed and his brother who owned the car is licensed and insured. I think they are immigrants who barely make ends meet. Owner works at stop and shop and as a cook at a deli. Guy who hit me works at dunkin donuts. I worked 2 days now (teacher) and the muscle spasms and pain have definitely increased. Glad I was able to sit on the recliner and do nothing for 4 days.
Just want to thank everyone for being concerned. I'm sure I will repost in 2 weeks after the next appointment unless something else comes up.
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote