View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there, I'm new here too and wanted to offer my support. Although I'm on here for another issue, I have had 2 back surgeries for bad disks, so I can understand that terrible pain you're in.

Have you considered seeing a therapist who specializes in chronic pain patients? Not a pain management doctor, although if you aren't seeing one, that might help also. Sometimes a med change might help. I myself have adverse affects from opiods like hydrocodone, they actually make my pain worse instead of better, so I can't take them. When I had my first back surgery in 2007, I graduated from hydrocodone (Vicoden) to oxycodone (percocet) and maxed out on the dose of those before we realized what was going on. I couldn't understand why the pain kept getting worse instead of better.

I have a friend who was severely depressed and had terrible anxiety attacks from a back injury and her doctor referred her to a pain therapist who specifically deals with chronic pain patients and he helped her come up with different ways to deal with the pain and problems that arose from it. She is a different person now, a much happier, more positive person. Maybe you could find someone to help you also?

Carly
njmama09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote