View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebeejeebee View Post
I wanted to add that becoming infected with a virus requires some sort of interaction. You can have malware installed on your computer just by visiting a website if you've got scripting enabled globally.

Firefox has an extension called NoScript that will allow you to pick and choose which sites you want to allow to run scripts on your machine. Not everything is required for a site to work, such as *edit* on this site, and the vast majority of popups are run by scripting.

You can also get an Adblock extension for Firefox and say goodbye to ads.
Hi. Just wanted to say that my computer arrived 30 minutes ago. I was waiting for the UPS man by the door and THERE HE WAS.

It's still in the box. I'm looking at it. I know to unplug the peripherals from the back of my present tower and re-plug all into my new one. And hook up the monitor, then turn everything on.

This one is Windows 7. Never had this before. Will I be prompted to create an account. Havent' done that in over 7 years. It's amazing how scary this stuff can be when you haven't done it in 7 years and I don't know Windows 7.

I have the Flash drive.

Oh, the last time I set up a new computer, I also had to set up the modem, and create a Verizon account. I gather I don't have to do this because I already have the modem set up and I have a Verizon email account.

so hopefully, all I have to do is turn it on, create an account (I Have to do this right?)

Then I go on the internet, download Mozilla from their site, and then stick the flash drive in and export the favorites?

Then I'll copy the my documents folder. (I have to look up one of the previous posts because I forgot how to do that step).

Then I'll make sure I have my anti-virus software loaded and I should be good to go!!!

Hopefully!!!

I'm actually scared to do this. I can use a Vitamix but I'm scared to hook up a new computer.

How dumb is this?

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote