View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No, I definitely feel that the B-12 has something to do with it. I feel markedly more tired for no apparent reason. I'm getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep at night, so it's not sleep deprivation. This fatigue began a few days after starting the B-12 supplementation. Today, for instance, I felt tired all day long.

I was researching this on the web and found posts from other people (on other forums) that complained of fatigue after getting B-12 shots (which I know are much stronger than the 1,000 mcg oral pill I'm dissolving in my mouth every morning).

I'm very sensitive to medications in general and sometimes have paradoxical reactions. For example, I once tried a magnesium/calcium powder supplement called Natural Calm, which is supposed to help make you feel relaxed and sleepy. Instead, it made me incredibly wired as though I'd had a lot of caffeine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--that have nothing to do with your supplementation, including a low blood sugar state post lunch (relative hypoglycemia), which is not all that uncommon . . .

Also, people's circadian rhythms differ, and a number of people report a natural down period in the middle of the afternoon, especially if they are prone to post-meal hypoglycemic states . . .

Has this only been happening since you've been supplementing, or has it been present before and been exacerbated by it, or is it more noticeable in comparison with the relatively higher morning energy state?
zeeclass6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote