View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

BE AFRAID--VERY AFRAID of this procedure.

I had this procedure performed in Camarillo, CA by Dr. Wolfsohn maybe 7 years ago? It was explained as if it was just another stellate ganglion block and exacerbated my RSD to a degree that is hard to explain. When did wind become like knives? The door closing in a car, a major life problem? Sound and lights, overwhelming? After RF!

Years later I found the explanation by Dr. Hooshmand that confirmed I wasn't crazy...

NEVER EVER HAVE THIS PROCEDURE!!! I would not take 20 million dollars to have this thing performed.

I really liked Wolfsohn in many ways, but I could never trust him after that procedure, or his refusal to acknowledge that it made me worse. I'd seriously question a relationship with any doc performing such an outdated procedure.

Think of it this ways: Your doc fires up a GRILL, takes your damaged nerves and COOKS them. Yes, it'll destroy some, but it'll make others even more dysfunctional than they already were!

Why memory of the weeks after that procedure was that I cried for hours every day and rocked back in forth in bed fantasizing about chopping off my own hand. My baseline pain level never went back to pre RF level.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 09-08-2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: typo, argh!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (09-10-2011), ballerina (09-08-2011)