View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default had the daTscan at cleveland clinic

the scan shows that i am not lacking dopamine producing cells and that i am still producing my own dopamine. yet, there is deficiancy in the amount of dopamine showing to be equivalent to an early stage 2.. apparently in my type of pdism, i am not producing an adequate amount of dopamine not due to a lack of brain cells, rather a region that got damaged during my bouts of encephalitis and menangitis is doing some type of mis-firing. hense, the lack of dopamine and the wild swings and dyskenias.

they are doing several things. first, to eleviate some of this horrible pain, they have temporarally put me on tremaral. this is the first med i tried that actually helps.this pain. secondly, they are weaning me off of artane as this med brings on more dyskenesias. third, i am switching from my mirapex doses during the day to one dose of mirapex cr before bed. this is also to aid in reducing the dyskenias. thiis will be under my belt for 2 weeks until i see the docs. at that appt, we begin the discussion of having the dbs redone and i begin meeting the rest of the dbs team.. this time the dbs will be done in the area of the brain associated with dyskenesias. they will also be addressing my high stress level and the wire that was left in my neck when they removed the previous dbs. they are onto something here.. i can feel it
VICTORIALOU (09-13-2011)