View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Bizi, the heavy inch an hr rain has stopped. We are calling for showers and thunderstorms until TUESDAY. The most threatening storm system to affect us is stuck at the border of PA, DC and MD. YEAH.
I actually saw the sun peak for a bit at sunset!

Haven't moved far from the tv all day watching the flood gates and the flooding of low lying areas.
The major city has levies that are up to 41 ft where the river is to crest. There is gaskets weakening and shoring up with sand and even a payloader against the gate.
Forty Fort is having a major breach on the West Side right now.

The low lying areas where homes were seen going down the river and sticking bridges. Jet skis, boats, cars were going down the river.

Cantorie is in Wilkes Barre, and Ann Thompson is in Forty Fort where the breach is happening.

The crest will happen over night. Praying the flood gate holds, but many parts already have horrific damages, road washed away, even the local fair grounds and Knoebles amusement park are anialiated. The fair grounds are still under water and the fair starts in just over 2 weeks.

Tomorrow dh and I are going to the CEO to help sort food for the shelters. 100,000 people can not go home until at least Saturday. The river has to go below flood stage as to not break through dikes with people there.
Going to try and sleep without watching the river all night. By 2 am the worse rising should be done.
The water shooting out of the mountain has calmed down, still coming up out of the ground and running down the driveway.

I can't even imagine how many insurance claims I am going to have.

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-08-2011), Brokenfriend (09-09-2011), waves (09-09-2011)