View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:34 PM
TonyaV

TonyaV

Default Mystery?

Hi Carly,

How frustrating for you to have had these progressive problems for 12 years? with no "zeroed in" diagnoses
I can only compare some of your symptoms with my Parkinson's Disease symptoms. But, it doesn't sound like the typical "events" of PD.

I have floaters in my eyes. I don't have the flashes, but I do have dry eye and spasms in my eyes. I have some degeneration in my c-spine. My neck gets very stiff and I have muscle spasms and weak spine and muscles. Have had injections and epidurals with no improvement. Although, after I started taking carbidopa/levodopa for PD, it has cut the amount of time in pain down.
I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, urinary problems - kidney and bladder, tremors - resting and non-resting. My tremors are not twitching, just shaking and jerking sometimes.

This is probably not going to help you in the least bit. But, I just wanted to let you know I read everything you wrote to see if I could help or recognize your symptoms. It doesn't sound like PD, but you never know.

Frankly, I'm surprised you are just now about to see a neurologist. Or, am I wrong about that?
I wish you the best and I think the neurologist will be able to help you better than any other doctor so far.

Hoping you get some answers soon.

Tonya
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote