View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Atn

I'm a male in his 50s and I was diagnosed with a Chiari Malformation 11 years ago that turned symptomatic after a minor surgery requiring general anesthesia. Using evolved potentials and shocking my left wrist, the delay in transmission was noted right at the base of my neck where it is suspected the 5mm herniation should have told the God that operated on me to accept my prior films and use a flexible intubation. This has now progressed to a peripheral neuropathy for about 6 years. It's not too bad but I cannot possibly jog. I lose the spacial connection to my feet and begin to lumber along, for lack of a better word. In typing this message I am losing dexterity with my hands and making many typos by the end as my hands feel like they are floating over the keyboard. If I type for an hour I will want an ice bag for my hands to cool them and they will also ache as I have myofascial pain and Fibromyalgia.

About 5 years ago while eating I drank something cold and the lower left side of my jaw was introduced to what I believe is called Breakthrough Pain and my lower teeth on the left and my tongue felt life I had them in an electric socket. My neurologist is a top one and he diagnosed glossopharyngeal neuralgia and possible TN. He has since changed that to ATN.

A few months ago I started having episodes every 2-4 weeks of the entire right side of my face a little numb and flush. Not on fire, but from the neck, down the shoulder, through the teeth, up into the ear, around my forehead and into my eye socket. I had this previously a number of times but to a lesser degree on the left side.

I have also had episodes every few weeks of each quadrant of my teeth feeling for hours like I had a stabbing toothache with electrical sensations directly to the midline tooth. None of this though were like the few feelings of that Breakthrough Pain that would be unbearable.

I have had all MRIs done and all dental work checked. Also, with the Chiari malformation, even if they thought a MVD could do something I was told by a few neurosurgeons that they would not operate without a decompression first, and I am not a prime candidate, nor do I want the back of my head removed.

Does hitting all 4 quadrants (individually) in the mouth at times on a thankfully infrequent basis as well as having a constant discomfort/pain in my left ear sound like ATN, AFP, or both? I also have a vestibular deficit that is into the mildly abnormal zone on a rotary chair test along with downbeating nystagmus and some beating of my eyes when gazing to the far sides.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
MikeNC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote