View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anti depressant.

Hi again,

I have a question about anti depressants. I am currently prescribed Amitriptyline for tension headaches. I have been on them in a take when I need them set up. When the headaches cleared up I stopped taking them.

When I was diagnosed with Neuropathy my doc said to start taking them daily and up the dose as they were also good for nerves. I did not last long on the new dosage as I had side effects so was put on Pregablin. The doc told me to keep taking the original dosage as well.

I have been a bit lax as I still enjoy a drink and you cant drink while on them. I have however recently stopped drinking and started taking them everyday again.

All this leads to my question. I am on a anti depressant but am not depressed. How will they affect my moods and emotions? I will admit I was having an emotional time and feeling sorry for myself due to women problems. Now though I am looking at that situation better and not moping about as much as I was.

Is this the amitriptyline getting in my system? Will it affect my moods even if I'm not depressed? How good are they for the neuropathy?

I look forward to your intelligent, helpful and educated responses?

Thanks, Hemse.

Quote:
Its not how hard we hit, its how hard we can get hit.
hemse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote