View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
BlueCarGal

BlueCarGal

Trig when the music hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Internet radio matches moods with algorithms. One can get this from the app store for iPhone or Android or for free any computer. I'm listening to "happy" right now for free on my desk top.
M
I would love for this to work. I like the idea of easy.
My life doesn't work that way.

I got the iPhone app, but there were too many in the music played.

I love music. For someone with no musical talent whatever, I have wrapped pretty much every aspect of my life in music .. Classical, rock 'n roll, hillbilly, jazz, bluegrass, funk, pop, blues, country. I always wanted to be on Name that Tune. I would have cleaned up.

Music, you see, has always been my best friend. I had an invisible playmate who taught me to play the ear horn, a small instrument that only he & I knew about that exists in the inner ear. He told me I played it brilliantly. He alone could hear it, because ours were tuned together. So music was always with me, even in places & at times I couldn't have pets.

I guess it's not too surprising then that this app kept coming up with happy songs I'd known in a sad context & sad songs which made me . You get the idea. iTunes Genius ought to do a splendid job since it has a database of over 10,000 pieces of my music to learn from-- yet when it comes to suggesting new music for me, you'd think it hadn't a clue what I liked.

Maybe for normal people, it'll work, at least as a novelty. Me, I'll stick with my iPod. The playlists are pretty much by mood anyway--hadn't noticed before but it is.

I wonder how Genius works? Do you know?

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-09-2011), Mari (09-10-2011)