View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Carly,

Welcome to the epilepsy forum! Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger seizures for a person. Just like you I have herinated discs L4 and L5 S1 all the tingling you feel in your legs along with the twitching you have is all related to the back problems. My husband has had to have back surgery twice for herinated discs and he has had tingling in his legs and other parts of his body.

You mentioned that you were boarder line ADD this sometimes can lead to epilepsy for some people. Also the color you see in your eye could be an aura seizure also known as a simple partial seizure. This can sometimes happen when certain colors trigger seizures and it's called "Photosensitive"
I found out that I was photosensitive a few yrs. ago when my Epileptologist
did a special e.e.g on me and flashed different color lights one at a time by doing this they found out what colors were triggering my seizures.
My advice to you is to see an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) at an Epilepsy Center which are usually at university or big hospitals. Have your family Dr. refer you to one and have a e.e.g., MRI, CT scan, Spect scan, and PET scan done. Whatever you do stay away from aspartame (nutra sweet) it's been proven that nutra sweet causes more electricial activity in the brain and it can cause seizures for some people. I found that out the hard way when I used to drink diet soda and the next day I would have seizure after seizure.
If I may ask after you see the colors in your eyes do you feel confused like your not sure where you are or what happened and do you feel tired and have a headache? If you do these are all signs of how a person may feel after they have had a seizure. I've had temporal lobe seizures for 39 yrs. and I've had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures. Take note of what the weather is like and if there's a low pressure because that can sometimes trigger a seizure. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You! In the mean time start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this will help with your back and if you are having any seizures because it calms the nerves down.

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote