Thread: feeling alone
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 03:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Karen don't forget hope!

Karen,
Even in your darkest hour, the times when you feel so alone and lost and the tears don't stop, remember you can reach out to people. Those people who are strong, loving and understanding will be your best support. There are people who can't handle RSD, it's that simple and those people you don't need. You need to talk to your teen, say "Hey, I really need a hug", sometimes that simple contact will get you through. I can't fathom being in a wheelchair, my RSD is in my hands, which is driving me nuts typing this but I do it because I care! I know the feelings that creep up on you, the loneliness, confusion, anger, frustration at this damn disease RSD!!! But, I need to reach out too!
It took me three husbands and the third is the charm, he was 49 when we married - he said he was waiting for the right woman and RSD was not going to be a factor in his decision to love. I am 38 now and could not believe my luck in finding him. I was a single parent for a long time and dated men who could not handle my condition. It takes a strong heart, lots of love, patience and working together. I did not have RSD with the first 2 and I know they would not have been with me if I had this at that time, they were very weak people. My husband of 2 1/2 years, (4 together) is there for me, supportive and researching but there are times he seems indifferent and I need to say "Hey, I am having a crappy day here!" "Hold me". My 13 year old son sometimes is hurtful "You don't work, what do you do" He knows he is wrong and he at other times is the sweetest kid around. Teens are a rough bunch, but get vulnerable with them and they do start to crack. My friends are far away since I moved 4 years ago and so the computer tends to be my link. But, lately I have been just taking a day to stop at the library, sitting outside on warm days, I will find people around it just takes time.
RSD does not need to define your life, YOU define your life. Find things that make you smile, remember there are people who care, you may just need to jump start them. You did not cause this, it happened! Now you have to "happen".
Just remember you can always reach out on this site and you will find a willing ear, warm heart and tons of strength!