View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default better...or worse?

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. I've been reading for months, but I didn't want to post until I got a diagnosis. Well, I finally got diagnosed on Tuesday. The doctor was wonderful, and it took him less than five minutes to see what was wrong with me (after a few clinical tests). He offered to put me on Prednisone, but I told him I would like to try just Mestinon because I take no other medications and I wanted to avoid the side effects of Prednisone as long as possible.
Wednesday, I woke up with a terrible sinus infection and had to go to my new family physician's office, where I saw the PA. She gave me an antibiotic called azithromycin (I think she called it a z pack). Needless to say, my sinus infection is getting a little better, but my myasthenia symptoms are much worse. I feel very weak, worse than before. I didn't take the Mestinon yesterday, thinking maybe 60mg was too much, and my weakness was even worse. I am now wondering if the antibiotic is affecting the MG. Has anyone ever used this azithromycin? It's a five day, one pill a day pack. Has anyone ever had problems like this with antibiotics? I would really appreciate anyone's input.
Kathy
kathyrooker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote