View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would talk to an attorney to see what can be done. I would want to know what their fees would be as this situation is different than the standard percentage up to $6K cap (or whatever the exact amount is now)

I would also try the politician route....maybe they can light a fire under SSA's butt to move this along.

I have had similar issues re backpay for my kids d/t WC ending and their amounts adjusting......I just got their backpay last month and their new amounts should start this month, but I've been battling since 12/09. I'm mpore annoyed that I just got a form to fill out justifying how I've spent their money, wanting to know how much I've put in their savings accounts, etc. I haven't put ANYTHING in their savings accounts because they just sent the big check and I am unable to get to the bank where their savings is.....and, of course, most of the backpay went to pay back a loan I took to afford their activities while SSA was sitting on their money ! Grrrrr. Their form would have been filled out differently if they had been paying the proper amount this whole time.

Good luck in the battle.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote