View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Making your own cannabutter is nasty. smelly, messy work, but it is one way to know how strong it might be, and how finely it has been strained. That is why it is wise to make bigger batches and freeze it. The usual proportions I have been told is an ounce per pound of butter . . . but that would be very strong butter! The best (and most cost efficient) cannabutter I have ever made was done with shake I got for free. Put it in the blender and cooked it in butter/water mixture most often described in recipes for hours . . . really smelled up the house. But the end product made the best medicine in the form of gingerbread cookies. Three 2" cookies was a good dose . . . five was overstone. The spices did a great job hiding the taste and even helped with the odor.

I used to get a good snickerdoodle cookie made locally, but she moved. The new baker didn't seem to like to fully bake the cookies, and I got tired of soggy, flat, doughy cookies. I found 1/4 - 1/2 of one of those was a dose.

Ingesting is not the best way to fight nausea, as it takes too long to act. Inhaling is still faster and better relief for nausea, IMHO.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-10-2011), dmplaura (09-10-2011)