Old 09-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Waves,
Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
i have noted my own appreciation for mood-congruent weather, clothing, music for a long time now.
I assumed that this probably worked in ways somewhat to what Netflix and Amazon do when they recommend movies or songs for people.

I am a million ways out of touch with weather so I think I understand what you are talking about. I am probably almost obnoxious about it. I think I respond "wrong" to their comments. To cover, I try to say almost nothing about weather except note when the moon is in an interesting phase (Not a great way to "cover"!!) Also probably not helpful in my workplace to mention the Wiccan observance coming up soon with the first day of fall.

Dear CarGal,

I can see of course now that you explained why the Stereomood dosn't work for many people. I've only tried it once. I like that it seemed not to fight with my computer. I have almost no music that I own. I listen to the car radio during my short-ish commute or to the cable tv-radio channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarGal View Post
Music, you see, has always been my best friend. I had an invisible playmate who taught me to play the ear horn, a small instrument that only he & I knew about that exists in the inner ear. He told me I played it brilliantly. He alone could hear it, because ours were tuned together. So music was always with me, even in places & at times I couldn't have pets.
I love your descriptions of your inner life. You move along on the good side.

I played classical piano and jazz sax (poorly for the latter) in college until I sort of dropped out. I lived with music but I didn't embrace it with my whole being of body, spirit, and mind like a lot of other people do whether they study it or not. I miss it . . . I 'm trying to find ways I can stand to listen to ANY music again without being sad. .. . . that would be an improvement . . . .to listen to music that does not remind me of something sad. The global music on Stereomood I heard last night had no memories resonating. That's good.

Maybe next week I can find a 19 year to explain how Genius works on the iPod. If I learn something I will let you know.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-10-2011), BlueCarGal (09-10-2011)