View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nothing wrong with empathy at all ever...

I am Australian, so our time zones are totally different. I'd gone to bed early that night not knowing that as I was just drifting off to sleep our world would change forever. I woke up next morning and logged onto the TS forum where I used to visit and I saw a message there from DH saying something like "Don't Panic". Then I started reading... that's how I learned of what had happened. I screamed some rude words and screamed out "We're at War". I remember the words but I'm not posting them here.

I didn't mean to do that of course and I woke my daughter from her sleep with my screams. ugh. Last thing I wanted to do.

For many years after, I could not sleep at night (still have problems) because I've always been afraid something as shocking might happen again in the other hemisphere while we're sleeping here and that's a really scary thing. It's not as if I could have done anything to help. It's more that I was asleep through no fault of my own, just time zones, and that was extremely frightening indeed.

<sigh>
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-28-2011), Alffe (09-10-2011), Dmom3005 (09-13-2011), Katiebell (09-10-2011), Koala77 (09-11-2011)