Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi everyone

My name is Jerie,
I am new to the forum. I noticed insecure was on this site. I had visited her web page and posted pictures and e-mailed her. So if you see this post go read your mail, lol!
I have not been diagnosed with RSD. I am sure I have it. It started after foot surgery. I had edema and venous insufficiency in my lower extremity. I have nerve pain that has spread from my right foot up my right side to Right shoulder. It quickly spread down to foot on left side and is now all over my body.
The edema and discoloration has improved, but nerve pain is interesting. It feels like I am having an allergic reaction without the rash. Burning on the surface of my skin. My surgery was in late may this year.
The VA did my surgery and refuse to let me see a neurologist until I have nerve conduction test. I want to see the neurologist first.
I got mad an made an appointment with my own neurologist but my appointment still won't be before the test. It's like the VA refuse to acknowledge I have RSD. It's 4 months now without seeing a neurologist. I decided to go back to the VA clinic just to ensure documentation of the change in symptoms (spreading of nerve pain) before my test they ordered.
Frustrated to say the least. Treated like a head case.
I look forward to investigating this condition more and hearing from you.
Jerie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote