View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

I'd like to ask you to look at your supplements for magnesium and read the fine print. If they contain magnesium OXIDE, you are not absorbing much if at all.

Magnesium OXIDE is basically a laxative today.
To get good magnesium levels, you need a chelate. Or SlowMag type.

You can even get now, a magnesium lotion at CVS...which works wonderfully. Many of us here over the past weeks are now using it.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/sh...new_crumb=true

The price varies online from 5.99 and up depending on their sales. But where I live 2 CVSs always have it on the shelf.
It may be with the Thermocare patches, or next to the epsom salts. Location in the stores seems to vary. But it is wonderful so I think it may help you better than oral supplements.

When circulation to an area is impaired, for whatever reason, say scar tissue etc... topical application can work better for some patients.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote