View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Your opinion didn't upset me personally, no need for an apology. The fact that you gave one probably means I've offended you. If I have, I'm sorry.

I DO get that most people faced with a similar situation would likely respond exactly like you and your husband did at the time. As a society, the norm is no longer to worry about the collective good, and that is what concerns me.

Unless you have a very unique experience, you should expect an onslaught of bs when dealing with the system. Yes, investing negative energy into something beyond your control is counter productive, but expecting WC and the disability process to move ahead like a regular insurance claim seems naive.

It can complicate SSDI approval if you have an open WC case. Having additional, biased resources being used to downplay/disprove your work injury (resulting in a decreased WC claim) can then bleed over into your SSDI claim.

Imagine upon meeting a WC defense doc, that this hired gun denies RSD is a legitimate illness. He then generates a report stating you do not have RSD (well duh! it is a made up disorder after all...) and a SS case worker now has documented evidence to deny your SSDI claim.

A standard tactic is to stall treatment with "creative" reports by overloading treating docs with required responses within limited time frames. The problem is that a WC doc that's never even met you can write a report full of bizarre fabrications about your illness and/or abilities, and SS will still give it full weight, because no where in the report is it revealed that no exam was done.

These things can be refuted, but it will require extra documentation and can lengthen the process. When dealing with the WC/SS combo, the injured worker is essentially forced to not only prove what is fact, but also is forced to disprove WC's fiction.

Even after SSDI approval, WC can cause problems. Medicare can deny payment for treatment based on the drivel in WC reports.

All this can be dealt with, and again, hopefully you'll not have to deal with it.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote