View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Porkette, thank you so much for your reply. I have been complaining about the flashing for a year now, and how only certain colors seem to trigger it. I never feel tired or headachy after I see them, its intermittent through the day, depending on the color I'm looking at actually. I remain aware all the time, I usually complain to my husband "there it goes again." I don't notice the flashing if I'm looking at something white, only if there is something dark in my field of vision and I REALLY notice it if there is something orange or red. We are big Philadelphia Flyers fans and have a lot of orange in the house. I also can't see movies in 3D and get a terrible headache if I try. I told the optho. this and they did a (black and white I might add) 3D test in the office with a book and I could see 3D there, but not at the movies.

But there are times when he will say we talked about something and I do not remember. There were times when my son was an infant and he said I got up and took care of him when he woke up but I had no recall and I mean NO recall at all. I chalked it up to sleep deprivation. Even as recently as a few months ago, he has gotten up to take care of my son during the night and I don't recall it at all. My family will tell me they told me things and I don't remember and get really ticked off about it, because I know that it would be something I'd remember because it was important.

As far as the toe movement goes, I was sure it was my back. Although there was no nerve pain, which I thought was wierd, especially after the excruiating nerve pain I had when the disk fragmented last year. I had a microdiskectomy and have been pain free since. The newest MRI only shows a mild bulging of that L5-S1 disk on the left and the surgeon was puzzled at why only my left big toe (where I never had symptoms before) was moving like that. He thought my nerves were "very irritated for some reason" and he wanted me to rest and when that didn't work, ordered an epidural. I was literally scheduling the epidural when my thumb started moving back and forth. It did it all day and most of the day the next day and now comes and goes. The toe is intermittent, but frequent. Ironically, I had asked him to prescribe neurontin since it helped before my microdiskectomy surgery in '07 (on the L4-L5 right side) but he said no, he'd rather do the epidural. I'm glad I didn't get it because it could have masked these other symptoms and interfered with a diagnosis.

So I'm hoping when I do finally get an EEG, these movements will be going on, so that it will be seen if it is being caused by some kind of focal seizure.

I have been sensitive to apartame since I was a little kid. I remember my mom saying she gave me a stick of carefree gum and I literally fell over. Now, it makes me super dizzy and gives me a terrible headache if I accidently have some. Like one time they mixed up my drink at McDonalds and gave me a diet soda. 2 big gulps of it later, I realized the mistake and literally had to have someone pick me up from work, I was too dizzy and nauseous to keep working.

I also have a lot of habits that I was just reading may not be habits at all, but autoanimisms? Like I contantly run my hands over my scalp and take my pony tail in and out (when my hair is long) it drives my coworker nuts. And I chew the inside of my left cheek. Not sure if thats related or not. I don't notice I'm doing it until someone says something to me. I always say it's a nervous habit.

Our weather has been horrible here, Hurricane Irene, non-stop rain too, so lots of low pressure.

With what I've read, my big "aha" was the head movement, especially pulling down and to the left side. That was really scary and I was going to go to the ER but decided they would just tell me to followup with a neuro, so I didn't bother since I already have the appt., which is for Monday so wish me luck!

A throw in a wish that I win the lottery too, because all these copays are gonna kill my budget!!
njmama09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote