View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer00 View Post
Aarcyn,

I'm with you on MJ not making things all better. It helps though and gives me something to look forward to during the day when I hurt (relief). Neuronten, (I take generic Gaba-something) doesn't seem to do much if anything to relieve my pain, but when I hurt bad, I figure it can't hurt to try.

"Pineapple is one of my favorites so far because of the mood elevator."
Is this a Sativa? Indica has always been preached as the strain for pain, but sometimes I've felt better with Sativas than with Indicas. You know, I think with mj, results are pretty unpredictable. I know I've smoked a certain type and had wildly different results. Sometimes I'm chatty, sometimes hilarious and sometimes very quiet. Sometimes I never think about pain the rest of the night and sometimes I can't think about anything BUT pain.

Unfortunately, it's not a miracle cure, but it's better than anything I've been offered by my doctor.

BTW, I may have missed a post somewhere, but why do you want to make your own cannabutter? I've never tried (dont like the way i feel with edibles and it's too slow for my taste) but always assumed it would be cost-prohibited compared with buying pre-made butter. Is it to control the strain used?

Hope you have a good day. With any luck, my son will invite my wife and I to go baby-sit their dog and I can swim in his pool! (One of the few things that doesnt aggravate my condition). Oh, and he has Wii and I'm addicted to bowling, lol.
Pineapple is a indica. The only sativa I have is Blue Dream and even though I have a separate whip, I have not used it. My body does not seem to require any kind of pain/spasm medication during the day. It is only in the evening when sitting to watch TV that my spasms often become so annoying as to use medication in order to relax. My pain is manifests mainly as heat/icy cold and again, I can ignore it during the day.

@Surfer. Do you suspect that the different results could be that although you thought you purchased the same strain that in fact, you got a different variety or was your reactions just based on a different day?

I want to make my own cannabutter for a few reasons.

1. I would know exactly the ratio of buds to butter mixture.

2. There seems to be no control when it comes to the cannabutter I have used. When getting an edible, I ask what strain was used but every time, nothing is printed on the homemade food label.

When I talked to Mo at the Colorado dispensary, I asked about edibles and if the strain used would effect the reaction of my body. He said yes.

So part of my self exploration will be if I can discern a difference.

Mo suggested a mild roast of the buds to release the THC and make the cannabutter stronger. I have very little product so although I would like to experiment, I have nothing to "waste."

3. When it comes to homemade goods, I know my kitchen is clean/sanitary.

4. Smell and mess? I am ready for it. It will be noted eventually!

5. Although MMJ in Arizona is going through a lot of challenges, if it ever becomes legal enough, I may go into the cooking edibles business. That is really far off in my planning and may never happen.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-10-2011), SallyC (09-10-2011)