View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post
Thanks for the video Steve! I remember working as a Candy Striper (wait not a stripper right? or is it the other way around? lol)
But I was working in a Nursing home and so many residents were sure that the flights would affect the weather. They were terrified of what could happen to the atmosphere. (funny global warming is not blaimed for breaking through atmosphere)

Waves, locals here are mentioning about the Earthquake and Irene in one week, then the rememnents of Lee the next weekend. Along with all the earthquakes in US that usually do not have movement. Relating to Fracking of gas from the earth in our area.

Today is one the river is down and clean up begins. The city proper had minimal flooding protected by the dikes pushed beyond their limits. BUT it did make to flooding of surrounding, unprotected town experience heavier and wider spread dmg.

So many roads and bridges are just torn, cracked and closed. Monday I will head up to some of the affected area, but fb friends have given me a heads up on the route that is safe.

These are two links thanks for the idea BF, one is coverage of Agnus 92,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2B9MvX2ARc

Yesterday someones entire deck going down the River.

Homes outside of levee protection

Areal veiw

Poor woodchuck, he was rescued

Di Yes. That looked like a destructive storm also. Power outages,on top of floods make a bad combination. I'm glad that you are on a mountain. I to am in a higher location away from the James,and Rivanna Rivers. If I drive to the South,I keep going down hill till I come to the James River. BF