View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Porkette, the more I read about partials, the more confident I am that this could be whats going on and may have been since I was a child, just exacerbated now for whatever reason, stress probably.

I have read that with simple partial seizures, you remain aware and can have just physical symptoms, like the fingers and toes twitching. Also, how symptoms can arise at night or while asleep and although I haven't had problems recently, I used to frequently have "sleep paralysis" where I'd wake myself up but not be able to move or speak for a few minutes, I could only control my breathing- which my doctor said was normal. But maybe it wasn't. Something could be going on causing me to clench my teeth so badly too- as that has worsened these past few years. I have to pry my jaw open some mornings. My heart doesn't race, but sometimes feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. I get bad "adrenaline dump" in times of stress and get light headed, blurred vision and shake really bad. I hate confrontations because of these and I have to deal with the public all day and get like that when a patient yells at me.

I have been especially moody lately too, with really bad rage. I have been attributing that to stress, but who knows?

I just hope this neuro I'm seeing Monday is very attentive. I don't know that I can wait a few months to see the next guy, and I don't know that my insurance will pay for me to go to the specific epileptologist without an official diagnosis. I'm also a little ticked off that I knew it was weird to see the flashing only with certain colors (what I'm now thinking is an aura) and if this does turn out to be epilepsy, they are going to hear it from me because they should know that that is a symptom and follow up on it, not just dismiss it.

Thanks for all your help and support, without you I wouldn't have even known about photosensitivity seizures. I knew that flashing lights and patterns could cause them, but not colors. I'll keep you posted!

Last edited by njmama09; 09-10-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: forgot to answer 1 question
njmama09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote