View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tonya, I'm just as surprised as you are to only just be seeing a neurologist now. And I'm only getting to go because I insisted. I had to ask for all the bloodwork and some of the tests I asked for the doctor didn't even know how to spell, how's that for ya? They wouldn't order the MRI with contrast so I"m sure I'll have to get another, which I hate hate hate. I'm beyond annoyed now.

All my problems until a year ago were sort of separate, the back and anything occuring below it was all attributed to my bad disks, so I got that part. My eyes have had floaters since I was 18/19 years old and they said then it was because the fluid was shrinking and pulling the retina.

But when this twitching started, I knew it was something entirely different. And the flashing in my eyes and the fact that it was worse or sometimes not even noticeable until I looked at something red or orange. I'm not having any nerve pain like I had with my bad disks, or that can be associated with PD. When the muscle spasms, it hurts like a charlie horse, but the nerve twitching is just that, nerve twitching/jumping.

I cross posted in the epilepsy board and the more I read up on it, the more it sounds like I might be having partial seizures. They can be triggered by certain colors and the flashing could be an aura and you can remain aware during the whole episode. It can cause twitching in just 1 body part. Most times you don't even have side effects afterwards and if you do, it's a headache or a tired feeling. It can be triggered by apspartame and I'm really sensitive to that, have been my whole life. I get super dizzy and nauseous with any diet or sugar free. A lot of things are pointing in that direction.

I see the neurologist on Monday and just hope she isn't as dismissive as these other doctors have been with me.

Thanks for responding, I'll keep you posted!
njmama09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote