View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm so very sorry to read about what's been happening with your daughter. I am still recovering from a concussion I sustained a couple of years ago. I didn't turn a light on one night when I was going downstairs to get a glass of water in middle of night and I slipped on the bottom step and slammed the back of my head into the edge of a door jam. Haven't quite been the same since.

I've read and been told so much conflicting information about post concussion syndrome. I guess that's why they call it a "syndrome". The symptoms and time limits to recovery vary so much from one individual to the other.

This might seem a weird question but do you think your daughter is anxious about being injured again? The reason I say that is that after my accident things changed dramatically for me and I became very scared of having another fall. It's taken me a long time to get over that fear.

It must have been a huge wack with the soccer ball for her to be hurt so badly. What sort of things have the speech and physical therapist been doing to help her?

Do you think that these new symptoms like the 'flu symtoms are connected to her brain injury? It concerns me that they may have missed something along the way.

I have no information about the Neurontin to share, I'm sorry.
I'm hoping that her new symptoms... like 'flu symptoms will turn out to be related to something else and that's she is feeling much better fast.

Oh, forgot something... a lot of post concussion symptoms can often be downplayed by others including professionals esp. if there's no clear sign of damage on tests. That's a big pain.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote