View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Carly,

One thing you might want to ask the neuro to do is a sleep study on you if you haven't had one done. If you have a sleep disorder like sleep apnea for example this can cause a person to sometimes have a sz. I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like you are having sz. in your sleep that might be waking you up. If you notice a pattern where you have sz. in the morning when you first wake up or when you go to bed these are known as myoclonic sz. Also if you use a cell phone to much it can trigger sz. for some people. I know that I'm cell phone sensitive which means if a few people around me are using cell phone even if they are texting it triggers sz. for me. If you get any warning that you are having any aura or any type of sz. put a cold wash cloth on your face and neck. This will stop the neurons from firing up and lead into a sz. I was in a medical study a couple of yrs. ago and they found out that before I had any sz. my temperature would be higher than normal so I was told to put a cold washcloth on my face and neck each time before the aura started and it stopped many of my sz. You might want to call the Epilepsy Foundation of America they are located in Maryland. There phone number is 1-800-332-1000 they can send you info. on sz. and also let you know if there's any Epileptologist in you area, they do all this for free. You can also ask them questions and they can help you out. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote