Thread: St Jude SCS
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 AM
anon21816

anon21816

Frown Oh Abbie

Im so so sorry to hear that you have just painit certainly sounds horrendous!!

My SCS is a St Judes....now the sensations I get when I turn up my SCS is similiar to when you would sit for a while and your leg goes 'dead' that when you stand up you feel it like pins and needles. When I was getting my stim programmed there were a range of different sensations. I remember there was one that was more a 'thump' 'thump' 'thump'....sensation which didnt help me at all in fact it drove my pain worse!!!.....I know there are lots of different sensations with my unit, some fast and some slower which makes the actual sensations feel different to one another. Ive mine on the 'pins and needles' sensations as thats the one I find more comfortable.

I remember prior to my implant I did have an opportunity to use a TENS machine on my back for a trial. Well that just aggravated my back and pain in my legs, so I had to give it back, I got no relief whatsoever. But the SCS is certainly a small improvement on having nothing.

From what you are saying Abbie Im wondering if you will be able to withstand these sensations especially if you say how sensitive you are! BUT........thats the beauty of having a trial first before they actually plant the permanent one!!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
I can't handle the TENS unit for even a minute!! I played with all of the possible settings and levels with all possible combinations.

With the TENS unit on it feels as though the part of my body where the pads are.... my body is going to burst into flames...it feels as though there is blood running down the outside of my body and my body CRAMPS up so very BAD!!

I describe my pain as---COLD BURNING PAIN!!! To describe it I say it feels like I've been left outside in below zero temperature then going inside and immediately taking a HOT shower. That BURNING, TINGLING sensation that hurts so much you can barely handle being in the water.

Another description I use is---you know that feeling you get when you hit your thumb with a hammer... that instant pain but it never eases or goes away.

Abbie

"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (09-12-2011), JoanB (09-11-2011), Mark56 (09-11-2011), ron h (09-11-2011), Rrae (09-11-2011)