View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to all! My dr wants me to take 2 to 4 weeks off work and I'm not sure if I use fmla or short term dis...? I told him I'd have to think about it because we are starting a new registrations system on our computers and I need to be there for training. Needless to say he wasn't happy with me when I said that. I've been struggling at work with som many cognitive issues..making many mistakes. I'm worried about being fired for some of them or written up. I work as a registration rep at a hospital where there really isn't any room for errors. I'm having a hard time learning the new system...to much multi-tasking for me and I'm off balance. I'm under alot of stress so he put me on Paxil and now I'm a bit more off balance than I was before..I guess that is an affect from the med. So, I think I'm going to take my dr up on his offer, it's better than taking a chance on making more mistakes. I've never used fmla or short term dis in the 3 years I've been dx. If anyone has any experince with fmla or short term...please share. Thanks
carebear01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote