View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, BlueMajo, for starting this thread. Yes, that was an awful day, and I remember it like it was yesterday. At the time, I was working in Princeton, NJ, and there are quite a few peopl who live in that area and commute to NY to work. I was working in my son's Cingular store, and, for days afterward, people would come in and say things like, "I lost my phone charger, it was in my office in the WTC", and so on. The local train station had many cars in the parking lot that their owners never came to get, as they had passed away on the 11th.

That day affected all of us, and my DH and I were very proud and happy to meet one of the executives of the rebuilding committee, Bill Baroni. He used to be our Senator, but was appointed to head up the re-building commission. He spoke at a luncheon back in June that we were invited to. We were invited because the two police officers who pulled us out of our burning home were being awarded metals of valor, and they wanted us to be there. It was a very moving meeting and luncheon. As a matter of fact, it was only a few days after that when my DH had his 'psychotic break', for lack of a better word, and spent the next 3 months in the hospital. He had been unusually emotional and talkative at that luncheon, and I was a bit taken aback. Anyhow, Mr Baroni also handed out lovely booklets about the WTC and the rebuiling effort, including an artist's rendering of what the Final Memorial and the whole site would look like.

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are proud of our country!

Hugs, Jacquie

Andrea 1/24/83-1/18/11

My grandchildren

** friend me on Facebook: Jacquie Grande Preston

** L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in 2002; taking daily pain meds
** proud Grandma of Angelo, age 8, Julianna, age 6, and Penny, 10 months

MY HUSBAND & I ARE RETIRED AND ENJOYING LIFE !!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-11-2011), BlueMajo (09-12-2011), Brokenfriend (09-11-2011), DiMarie (09-12-2011), Dmom3005 (09-11-2011), Mari (09-11-2011), waves (09-11-2011)