View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Would love some advice please

I would love some advice from people who have more experience in this than me. I'm 36yo female with long term back and neck problems.

Below is my most recent neck CT and lumbar xray, I'm sorry, but I don't understand any of this and won't be going back to my Dr's for 3 weeks. I have been having bad headaches that then set off migraines for years now and have been experiencing numbness down the outside of my left leg to just above the knee. Would the reports below explain the headaches and numb leg? If so, is there anything that I can do to fix it?

CT SCAN CERVICAL SPINE
There is no sign of posterior arch or end plate fractures. There are large left paracentral osteophytes at C5-6 associated with circumferential reactive changes affecting the end plates. The osteophytes and prominent P. L. L. cause significant left paracentral cord compression and certainly a potential for compression of the left C6 nerve root as it passes out to its foramen.

At C6-7 there are similar sized left paracentral osteophytes compressing the cord and the origin of the left C7 nerve root. The right C7 nerve root appears normal.

At C7-T1 appearances are normal.

CONCLUSION: Hypertrophie new bone around the C5-6 and C6-7 end plates with left sided cord compression and potential for compression of the C6 and C7 nerve roots.

An Xray today of my lower back (due to persistent numbness in my left leg has the following report:

XRAY LUMBAR SPINE
There is slight scoliosis through the lumbar spine convex to the right. Vertebral heights are preserved throughout and there is no evidence of an acute bony injury. There is the impression of pars defects demonstrated through the L3 vertebral body with a grade 1 anterolisthesis of L3/4. There is mild discovertebral degeneration demonstrated at the thoracolumbar junction and lower lumbar levels.

Thank you
itsokimfine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote