View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Wish you didn't need a lawyer

Hello ricky,
i am so happy for you. One less thing stressing over (the silent killer). Relax. It saddens me you needed a lawyer. I on the other hand am here for reasons that we share dealing with ssd agency. I could throw in my opinion in on ones expertise and manor in which one conducts oneself, however i shall refrain from doing so. In my situation i had no choices in some matters. After my first surgery i returned work two weeks after. After a year it turns out i did not fuse. Second surgery i took a 2 consecutive 6 month leave of absence due to medical reasons with no pay. I took a major hit doing this, but it allowed my health insurance to remain in effect. I also have a 13 year old. I have 7 years on the job and do not play politics. I started at bottom salary scale, haven't moved much in 7 years, i know how to work, only i just physically can't. I work for my former city i lived in for 45 years. I am now in a situation, my second leave is up at the end of this month and became approved only 5 months ago with no retro payout because of a life insurance my parents had taken out when i was a child. I took it over at 18 and since then taken out cash value. Know made a decision with my family at my side helping me with the pros and cons. I do get ssd (because my intent was to return to work. But am unable to return back to work because i suffer with a multitude of problems to quote my neurosurgeon. I am bed ridden at the moment waiting for my meds to kick in so i can attempt to do simple tasks with minimal pain as possible. I am on spinal disorders. I will most likely loose my job along with most importantly my insurance. I am ready to tackle whatever lies ahead. I have a copy of 98% of my medical records. These past 3 years sucked so much more from my life. I lived more than half my life span. My children are 30, 28, 27 and 13teen and am a 1st time grandmother, i have no option i must take care of me. It will be interesting, from the municipal level up to state agencies.

Again, congrats. Wish you comfort.