Thread: Post Op Scar
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vascular TOS,first rib excision surgery

Hi everyone/anyone
Any tips/info on aftercare following first rib excision....healing scar tissue, symptoms expected, PT exercises, sufficient time of work for recovery.
Any info will be appreciated.
Unfortunately not many people are aware of the condition and help and advice is hard to come by.
I'm 12 days post surgery ( right side ) and healing pretty well but unfortunately I am due a second identical op on the left side. My follow up with my surgeon is in 6 weeks and I will get more details then.
I am experiencing intermittent numbness in my last three fingers and burning sensations on certain movements on the outer edge of my collarbone. Hopefully this will settle when healing progresses! I'm also finding it uncomfortable adjusting to the new pump of blood that I'm getting into my right arm and hand,causing deep aches... making it quite obvious now that I still have a vascular fault with my left side as it is noticeably paler than the one I have just had surgery on( this happens when I stand up and my arms are hanging down by my sides.).
I hope I have posted this correctly...I'm a newbie to NeuroTalk!!! Many thanks S
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote