View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
Well I went to see an Oral surgeon today, Board certified everything and I have seen him in the past so the trust is there. He did a panoramic and said no nerves or anything is left in the sinus. I still feel air going up and down and he did the test again and you can actually hear the air hissing out of me. I immediately started crying and getting upset and he told me to not get like that because even though it has been 5 weeks I had a dry socket on top of it and the hole (gum) is closing. He said that normally these can take a while to close up and that the pain in the nerve area 2 teeth down is referred pain and once the gums mold back to the way the they are supposed to be that should diminish ( i hope so). He gave me an antibiotic and a decongestant and said to see him in one week. He wants to treat this from the beginning and keep everything clear and dry. I still have stiffness in the gums and tightness but that means the gums are healing I hope. Everything else looks fine and he kind of implied that this would have happened regardless of who took it out because of the way the roots were, but who knows.
In your experience how long can one of these really take to close? He said give it a few weeks I guess the 10 days of antibiotics and decongestants and he said we will see how things are than. He explained the procedure to fix it and he gave me the impression that it is fairly simple. He also said it is rare for them not to close on their own because he does feel it is small.
I feel better about everything I am just so scared and concerned. I feel like now I am fighting 2 things. The healing gums and nerves of a dry socket and now a sinus communication.
Thanks
Nicole
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote