View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

"Working diagnosis" of Focal Dystonia. Could be focal epilepsy causing the dystonia, she didn't rule that out yet because I have to get an EEG to find that out.

I also have to get an MRI of C-spine to rule out anything going on there, as the EMG showed degenerative changes there. Massive headache after EMG, but what sucks is the EMG couldn't differentiate between the existing nerve damage from my spinal problems and anything new. The hand came up normal of course, so I showed her the videos I made and she was happy I made them so she could see for herself. The doctor was great, really caring and thorough. She was very concerned about the neck spasm thing and the flashing in my eyes. She did say that with my chronically high C-reactive protein, I am already in an inflammatory state, so any little damage or irritation could just cause a very extreme response. She wanted to do some more research on that and ask a couple of rheumatologists about it, get their perpective as to a. why it's so high all the time and b. if that could be causing these symptoms.

So I will be scheduling the EEG and MRI as soon as I can and keep you posted!

I lived in Philly up until 3 years ago, but in NE Philly (sort of like a suburb). Now I'm just over the Walt Whitman Bridge, sort of across the river from Center City Philly. Where do you live now Sue?
njmama09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote