Thread: Leg Weakness
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Leg Weakness

For about a year now, I have had trouble with weakness and tightness in my thigh muscles. I have had MRI's of my keck, lower back, and brain. I have also had EMG's twice, eight month apart, All of the tests were negative for MS, ALS or any kind of nerve disorder. I also have some slight upturning of the toes on my right foot. I continue to fight it by walking 1.5mi, 2 to 3 days a week, however the walk continues to get more difficult. and I'm having some loss of size and slightly accelerated weakness in my right leg. The only thing the doctors can tell me is that during the last EMG they noticed some nerve "static" in my lower back. I've also been told thad I have some slight disc bulging in my lower L4 L5 area, but that shouldnt be causing the problems I'm having in both legs????

Any Ideas???????

I'm 50 years old, and before this started happening a year ago september I was easily running 2 miles 3 days a week and riding my bike 50mi on the weekend. I would say that my legs are now at about 65% of the strength that they were.

HELP!!!!!!!
firebird1979 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote